Longbridge Councillor Andy Cartwright is set to reach out to help older people in the ward with an advice and support day.
Cllr Cartwright has organised a Senior Age Advice and Support Day for Friday 30th November. The event will give older people the opportunity to access service providers and community partners.
Those attending to offer support, information and advice include:
- CERS – Carers Emergency Response Team (Providing emergency care support where a regular carer becomes unavailable through ill health etc)
- Longbridge neighbourhood police team – Sgt Karl Pierpoint @LongbridgeWMP
- West Midlands Fire Service – Northfield Fire Station Red Watch
- Age Concern
- Ring and Ride – find out more and sign up for the service
- Older Adults Team – from Birmingham City Council’s Social Services directorate
- Mobile optician
- Northfield Leisure Services
- and more…..
Date: Friday 30th November 10am-2pm
Venue: Longbridge Methodist Church, Bristol Road South, Longbridge B45 9TY
Transport can be arranged – call 0121 303 2098