The Jan Foundation is a Selly Oak based charity supporting women and tackling domestic violence in south west Birmingham.
Part of their focus is to enable the community to help tackle the issue, as domestic violence affects the whole community. To this end, they provide free training in mentorship and domestic violence, in the hope of attracting more community volunteers.
The course runs for 5 days and is held during school hours. A new course starts in November in Northfield.
Judy Morgan at The Jan Foundation sent us the details:
FREE Training on Mentoring & Domestic Violence Issues
Open to residents/groups of Northfield, Selly Oak and Weoley Wards
Venue: Northfield Baptist Church, 789 Bristol Rd South, Northfield B31 2NQ
5 day course takes place between 9.30am – 2.00pm on 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th November & 6th December
Upon completion of this 5 day training, you will know:
- How to support someone affected by Domestic Violence (DV)
- How DV works and affects its victims & their families
- How DV affects everyone in the Community
This is a fantastic opportunity to:
- Learn in a relaxed environment
- Gain new skills and experience
- Meet new people
- ……… and maybe join our volunteers already working in this area to combat DV
Others have thoroughly enjoyed and gained confidence from attending this training
To book a place or for more information, please contact: