The Labour Group on Birmingham City Council has announced the Chairs of the Overview and Scrutiny Committees which will monitor the performance of the City Council and the work of other public bodies which serve the people of Birmingham.
Councillor Carl Rice, the senior Scrutiny Chair said that Labour’s new scrutiny committees will have a wider remit than previously. “The Overview and Scrutiny Committees are to develop policy and think through the
challenges that the City will face in the future.
“Labour has a vision of Birmingham as a green, safe, smart and fair city. We want to become Britain’s Enterprise Capital. We need to harvest ideas and develop policies from every possible source.
“We have put together a first class team who will be able to meet this challenge. We will be the “critical friend” of the decision makers within the council and crucially the voice of the public,” he added.
Labour’s team of overview and scrutiny committee chairs will be:
- Councillor Carl Rice (Ladywood) will chair the Resources, Governance and Member Development committee.
- Councillor Susan Barnett (Billesley) will chair the Health and Social Care committee
- Councillor Ian Cruise (Longbridge) will chair the Birmingham Economy and Jobs committee
- Councillor Majid Mahmood (Hodge Hill) will chair the Partnership, Contract Performance and the Third Sector committee
- Councillor Victoria Quinn (Sparkbrook) will chair the Transport, Connectivity and Sustainability committee
- Councillor Lisa Trickett (Moseley and Kings Heath) will chair the Districts and Public Engagement committee
- Councillor Anita Ward (Hodge Hill) will chair the Education and Vulnerable Children committee
- Councillor Waseem Zaffer (Lozells and East Handsworth) will chair the Social Cohesion and Community Safety Committee.
Lost, Found & Stolen – items and pets
Here you will find links to all the lost, found and stolen items and pets on our Facebook page.
Click through to the relevant page to report your own lost, found or stolen pets and items.