Following the success of last month’s Open Day at Bournville Police Station, West Midlands Police are set to host another family day this Sunday (12th June) at Tally Ho in Edgbaston.
The free event is open to the whole community and starts at 10.00am and goes on until 4pm.
The day will feature a football match between Birmingham South police officers and the Birmingham City FC all-stars kicking off at noon.
There are also a whole range of activities taking place on the day, people will be able to take part in fun filled events, meet their local officers, and much more including:
• Meet police police dogs and puppy cadets
• Have a go on fairground rides and bouncy castle
• Watch a taser demonstration and meet firearms officers
• Sit inside police traffic cars and try on police equipment
• Talk to partners from the Ambulance Service, Victim Support, and the Fire Service
• Other fun events include ‘Beat the bobbie’, face painting, the crossbar challenge, a crime prevention tombola and much more…
Parking will be available on site, and nearby at the MAC centre and the nature centre. Light refreshments will also be available to purchase on the day.
All money raised on the day will go to the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine, based at Queen Elizabeth hospital.
Sergeant Tim Evans, from the partnership team at Bournville police station has helped organised the day, he said: “This event is a fantastic opportunity for families and young people in the area to come along and have an enjoyable day, whilst meeting their local officers and taking part in several fun filled activities.”
“It is also a great way to raise money for a very deserving local cause that I’m sure is very close peoples’ hearts here in Birmingham”