Cadbury World is searching local communities for five people who are local heroes in their daily lives for their new Cadbury World Superheroes Awards. The popular Midlands attraction officially launched the awards with a host of superhero-themed activities and games.
Nominees can be of any age and from any walk of life, ranging from tireless fundraisers to special teachers and friends who have gone above and beyond.
The categories for nominations are:
1. Teacher of the year – Recognising a truly inspiring or exemplary teacher from either primary or secondary education. Open to teachers from state or private schools.
2. Friend of the year – A friend who you feel has always been there or who has gone above and beyond to support others.
3. Family member of the year – That special family member who continually supports and motivates the rest of the family.
4. Exemplary member of the community – To recognise an individual who has been an active member of their community and who has improved the lives of those around them.
5. Special recognition – To recognise an exceptional individual who the judging panel believes really stands out from the crowd as a true Cadbury World superhero.
Cadbury World is asking people to nominate local superheroes by simply filling in a nomination form online. Forms are also available from Cadbury World’s main reception, where they can be posted in a dedicated post box. Nominations close on Friday 20th May.
On Saturday 28th May, the winners will be invited to the attraction for a special awards ceremony where they will receive a family pass to Cadbury World and a Cadbury hamper filled with goodies including a chocolate plaque.
Diane Mitchell, marketing manager at Cadbury World, said “These awards are designed to celebrate those special superheroes in our communities who make a difference to others. Making a difference doesn’t necessarily mean doing anything extraordinary or demonstrating exceptional bravery, but simply someone such as a good friend or teacher who has gone above and beyond to help make someone else’s life that little bit better.
“We know there are plenty of superheroes out there, but we need your help to find them. If you’ve got five minutes, we urge you to fill out one of the nomination forms and help show that special person that all of their hard work hasn’t gone unnoticed.”
Winners, and visitors to the attraction, can uncover the fascinating story of chocolate, enjoy the magic of the Cadabra ride and come face to face with the Cadbury gorilla. If they have some energy left, they can even try out the attraction’s brand new African Adventure play area. Over the coming months, Cadbury World is also offering a series of family-friendly activities including a Dance Weekend on the 21st and 22nd May where families will get the chance to take part in dance sessions and meet ‘Got to Dance’ finalists, Trinity Warriors.